SharePoint Timer Job Stuck/Paused Fix
Ran into a problem recently where the Workflow Timer Job on our SharePoint 2010 box was stuck at 0% and Paused.
- Go to Start -> Administrative Tools -> Services
- Find the SharePoint Timer Job Service -> Right Click -> Press Stop to stop the service
- On the computer Central Admin is on, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following location: Drive (the drive SharePoint is installed on, in my case that is the C drive)UsersApplication DataMicrosoftSharePointConfigGUID (there will be folders named with a GUID, go into each one and perform these steps)
- For Windows Server 2008 the folder location is: Drive:ProgramDataMicrosoftSharePointConfigGUID
- Note: The Application Data folder may be hidden. To show, click Show Hidden Files and Folders through Windows Explorer’s Folder Options Setting
- When you empty this folder (the configuration cache) make sure you do not delete the GUID Folder itself and the cache.ini file that is located in the GUID folder.
- Note: The file system cache is re-created after you perform the previous steps. Make sure that you perform these steps on all servers in the farm that are running your timer job